Food businesses have a general obligation under the Food Standards Australia and New Zealand (FSANZ) to ensure that anyone undertaking or supervising food handling operations have the necessary skills and knowledge in food safety and food hygiene matters, appropriate to their work activities.
A food handler refers to anyone who works within a food business and handles either food, or food surfaces. A food handler may work in a number of different roles, such as:
- kitchen hands
- catering staff
- food and beverage attendants
- housekeeping and laundry staff
- sandwich hands
- cafe and fast food outlet cooking crews
- sales people and
- owner-operators of small business catering operations or retail food outlets.
By completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of food safety
- Summarise your responsibilities under the legislation
- Identify food hazards that may affect the health and safety of people
- Demonstrate how to remove or minimise food hazards in your workplace and
- Explain the reporting procedure for food hazards in your workplace.
This Food Handlers Certificate course is an interactive and engaging way to build your skills and knowledge in food safety and food hygiene matters.